Friday, March 2, 2012

IN: A Meditation

What a mess: a day with so many things to do, and only one of me to do them. Nothing can be put into the "to delegate" column, and last night was just too short. So here it comes...another bout of Face Your Humanity.

The question is, How will it all get done? The problem is, Choose your strategy. Give up? No. Procrastinate until tomorrow? Unthinkable, as I contemplate the list. Hint, hint - what was that? "Trust in the Lord, with all your heart....He will direct your paths." Trusting, check. All my heart is in this, it's just the clock, and the list, and the children's different clocks, and lists... Directing, check. This was the plan we made, He and I. "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." Casting...? Yes, casting, got that part, that was with the trusting. He cares for me, check, hence He directs. "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me." Check. I'm still reaching for the secret to the strengthening part. Holy Spirit, remind me.

Let there be light, in the void, in the mind, in the innermost parts, as the deep calls to deep.

It was something about the supremacy of Christ. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

In Him all things hold together. I think that's it.

All things. He created all things, and nothing that was made was made without him being involved in it. All things are His, the earth and the fullness thereof, the cattle on the thousand hills. He knows all things. He is love, and Love bears, believes, hopes and endures all things. Love never ends. *Click* A piece falls into place.

Hold. To grasp, to keep, to adhere and maintain that adhesion. May the God that loves us all hold you in the palm of His hand. His hand. Where he's got the whole world, in which I am, but of which I am not.

Together. In company, community, joined, whole. So shall we ever be with the Lord. Hold together. *click* Another piece, and a picture has begun to form.

All things hold together, In Him. In Him we live and move and have our being. In Him all the fullness of the Godhead dwells. In Him we are sanctified. He was made sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God, in Him.
I invited Him in, and the life I now live, I live in Him. I am in the I am. I am

In. Suspended, not dissolved. Involved, not consumed. Directed, not controlled. Within. Without beginning or end, resumed. The state of being, no matter where or when.
I am in Him. He is in me. He lives, therefore I live. He walks with me, and talks with me, along life's narrow way. In Him all things hold together: the atoms and molecules, neurons and essence and the will to persevere. *Click* It's open.

Epilogue:

Father God,
I thank you for this day. For a wonderful ride out of a whirlwind. Thank you: for math lessons done; for math corrected and improved upon; for Jeffrey picking up Hannah from guitar when I just couldn't; for long toddler nap; for seven voluntary trips to the potty all with success; for not having to buy anymore wretched pull-ups; for safe driving in the snow; for a furnace that defeats the cold; for food; for a table full of family; for Owen's new haircut; for secret candy shared with Owen on the way home; for birthday cards crafted; for tea; for raw milk cream; for nine weeks' schoolwork done; for worrisome paperwork dispatched; for bills paid and some money leftover; for Who you are and that I am nothing without You.

1 comment:

  1. I think you articulated my feelings much better than I could...again. I don't have 1/25th the amount of responsibility you have, but feel just as overwhelmed sometimes. Thank you, and thank God for speaking to my heart when my weakness is bothering me. His grace is sufficient for me.

    ReplyDelete